On this blog post you will know/get:
|1. Fast download links to get dota2 + steam installed and running!|
2. Possibly get a beta key on different methods.
3. Optimize your dota2 configuration to maximize performance
4. Some tips on playing dota better
5. Useful links about dota2
|1. Get to play DOTA 2 WITHOUT the use of a BETA KEY|
2. Get to play the game OFFLINE or in LAN
3. Get to get the beta key INSTANTLY
Here are some methods:
Read THIS THREAD and skip to running competitions.
ALIENWARE and DOTA2PH are giving away keys every week (?)
NOTE: Share your blessings ^_^
DOWNLOAD the GAME
Its time to download the game into your Computer!
But first of all we need to check out this link for the System Requirements. You can also ask there for help regarding problems with playing Dota 2.
Unsure if your PC can run it? Go to this thread or the first link and post your specs. They can tell you if your PC can run dota2 fluently.
Now, to download the game you use the Steam Client:
|1. Download, install, and update the steam client (STEAM Website)|
2. Log in your Steam account (Register if needed)
3. Library > Add a Game > Activate a Product on Steam. This will open a dialog box for you to follow.
4. Enter your Dota 2 beta key.
5. Download Dota 2 via Steam. Click Install/Update.(average = 500 kbs ) pero it depends upon the connection of your ISP.
Optimize your steam cloud connection
You can also download the game by using MF links below:
Mediafire Links (14 parts)
How to Use MF link
Note: Activate DOTA 2 first before install... you can do this by entering the product key(beta key) from the playdota invite or the email from your friend who has it.
Extract files to a convenient location
Install Steam Client and log in to your account
The backup and storage feature is easy to use and can be found under the Steam tab, Backup and Restore Games option.
select Restore a previous backup.
Navigate to the directory where you extracted the rar files using the BROWSE option.
Select your backup that you'd like to restore (in this case its DOTA 2)
Once you find your backup file, select NEXT and Steam will restore the games you have selected and do it much faster than if you downloaded all the games again.
After download, extract the files into your desired folder then open steam.exe. it might start with an update so be patient.
Log in to your steam account. It will load your user info so it might take some time.
Then go to steam client and click LIBRARY. See image below
Right click dota 2 and click properties
Click Select launch parameters then enter your parameters XD
PLAY to ENTER DOTA2
Click the Play Button Above to Create/Join a game
From here you can
-Find a Match (MATCHMAKING)
-Find a Coop Bot Match (Play with random players VS AI BOTS)
-Find a Lobby (Private Games/ROOMS)
-Create a Lobby (Create a Game)
If you would try to go for matchmaking, make sure you select a region which is near in your perspective country for less lag purposes.
OPTIMIZING YOUR DOTA 2
Open steam>Library>Dota2>rightclik>properties>Set launch options
|add these codes in (add a space in between)|
"-novid" (disables the starting valve guy video when you start game)
"-nod3d9ex" (this will run dota 2 on directx 8 instead of 11, this actually helps)
"-console" (enables in game console so we can input some codes on it.)
Some optional codes:
"-windowed -w # -h # -noborder "(Window mode with no border, REPLACE # WITH YOUR DESIRED W AND H)
"-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd" (If you feel that you have too much acceleration on your mouse in game)
Console Commands are available if you added -console on the launch parameters
The console can be shown/hide by pressing "~" or "`" button
|net_graph 1 - Displays network information such as fps and ping.|
Console commands can be a hassle if you always input them all every after every startup of the game. this will eliminate this problem.
Furthermore, this configuration file has been organized for you to just adjust it to your needs.
|DISCLAIMER:If you mess up your game well... too bad. UNDERSTAND FULLY what you are doing before you do it when it comes to pretty much anything. READ THE CONFIG BEFORE INSTALLING/APPLYING IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN CHANGES. REFRAIN FROM ASKING FOR SPECIFIC SETTINGS, IF ITS NOT PROVIDED THEN GO FIGURE IT OUT. AS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE ITS WITHIN THE CONFIG FILE, READ IT.|
|1. Enables console/developer mode (developer mode allows output in the top left of the screen for informative msgs)|
2. Optimal netcode values for decent connections (dsl or better) along with the ability to cycle through low/med/high netcode settings
3. Ability to change local port for outgoing connections (firewall issues/Qos setup)
4. Limits FPS to 60 option to turn on tripple buffering with vsync
5. Option to change tooltip style
6. Enable/Disable mouse lock on window mode
7. Disable mouse wheel scrolling to prevent unwanted zooming in of camera
8. Spell range guidance helper (shows distance for spells to be casted)
9. Range indicator for various common ranges spells/attack range/towers/smoke/dagger
10. Option to enable forcing right clicks to attack all units including allied
11. Option to enable ALT+qweasd as inv keys
12. Option to enable/disable suggested item listings in shopmenu
13. Option to change the health bar segments and make them more apparent or remove them
14. Remove delay before minimap commands are accepted
15. Reduced range around towers which PINGS indicate DEFEND tower over regular ping
16. Option to change minimap colors and the glow effect when cursor is over units
17. Remove fade time when HP bars diminish from a source of damage
18. Set ingame avatar
19. Proper hold position behavior on STOP/HOLD position
20. Rebound hero key to not lock onto it if double/tripple click
21. Option to bind single click hero key
22. Various shop items bound to numpad + other useless keys
23. Various shop configs containing each shopmenu bound to numpad that may be cycled through pressing specific keys
24. Ability to bind single keys to toggle autocast of spells
25. Option to use spacebar modifier to bind inventory slots to numbers
26. Ability to record ingame to .dem files (up to five times before overwriting the previous file)
27. Dota 1 courier key
28. Spacebar now goes to most recent minimap ping
29. Arrow keys are bound to missing msgs
30. Ability to toggle QQ puck orb and RR spec haunt (not on legacy keys) (Unbind ingame skill keys since they conflict)
31. Instant courier grab all items in stash/deliver/speed boost courier key
32. Instant lvl up of stats on press
33. Cheats.cfg to bind keys to common cheats in practice game
34. Information around launch options (disabling mouse accel) how to get the camera to zoom in furthut and ability to use "freecam" in practice/viewdemos and how to find match details by game ID
35. Ability to customize chat channels on connect
36. Various keys remapped for easier access
37. Updated Suggested items for shopmenus for each hero to a more competitive level "Its not perfect because things change but its quite more useful then the default by far (I can even argue the items listen for some heroes due to many things are situational)"
1. Close steam
2. Run Install Batch script (x64 for 64 bit windows) (AS ADMIN IF UAC IS ON and ENSURE your antivirus/proactive defense is not blocking the script) "if you run it more then once in sequence you will overwrite the previous backups"
3. Disable steam cloud, Copy/Paste Cloud folder contents into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\#####\570\remote\cfg" and delete remotecache.vdf in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\#####\570"
3b. UNBIND ALL INGAME GUI KEYS, MAKE THE BINDS MATCH THE BINDS IN THE CONFIG IF YOU WISH TO RETAIN THE NUMBERS/LETTERS ON THE HUD FOR ITEMS/SKILLS
4. Configure whatever you wish yourself and run Dota 2
1. Download Autoexec.cfg or AIO.7z.
2. Copy/Paste ALL .cfg files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg".
3. Copy/Paste all files in the itembuilds folder into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\itembuilds"
4. Disable steam cloud, Copy/Paste Cloud folder contents into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\#####\570\remote\cfg" and delete remotecache.vdf in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\#####\570"
4b. UNBIND ALL INGAME GUI KEYS, MAKE THE BINDS MATCH THE BINDS IN THE CONFIG IF YOU WISH TO RETAIN THE NUMBERS/LETTERS ON THE HUD FOR ITEMS/SKILLS
5. Configure whatever you wish yourself and run Dota 2
1. Close Steam.
2. Run removal script (x64 for 64 bit windows) (AS ADMIN IF UAC IS ON and ENSURE your antivirus/proactive defense is not blocking the script)
3. Rebind the IN GAME GUI keys to whatever previous binds you had before.
4. Run dota.
"CONTAINS SCRIPT TO INSTALL/REMOVE ALL" Config pack includes everything from autoexec to shop binds and practice game config and Suggested Item updates
autoexec.cfg "Right click -> "save as" to download
Credits to Solace
Click options ( see gear icon on the upper left side) then go to video tab
you can set your desired resolution there (higher res more fps loss). You can also set your aspect ratio.
CLick ADVANCED and you will have more options to optimize your dota 2. If you're still having fps issues I suggest to set water to off, and anti aliasing to off. some options there are negligible and some aren't implemented yet.
NOTE: Update your video card driver, your windows and your PC itself. Some Video cards have some control panels which you can configure to optimize your dota 2 more.
|net_graph 1 - Displays network information such as fps and ping.|
dota_camera_accelerate 49 - This will make the camera stop exactly where you want it, 0 will make you unable to move your camera.
dota_force_right_click_attack 1 - will enable right click deny.
dota_minimap_hero_size 600 - changes the hero marker size in minimap
dota_hud_healthbars 3 - 0 = disable hp bars, 1 = no dividing blocks in the healthbar, 3 = the default with the blocks
dota_health_per_vertical_marker 250 - changes the block size in health bars, 250 = new block every 250 hp
CTRL DRAG Click on minimap will send your suggested path for your allies.
DOTA2 use the QWER hotkeys for the skills
veteran players can choose to check Legacy Keys on for the old skill hotkeys
useful for heroes like invoker ^_^
RENAME your in-game name
Sa steam client
|Open friends(on the top)|
Change profile name
STEAM website - the official client for dota 2.
- DOTA 2 CHANGELOG - The changelog for recent Patch updates of Dota 2
cyborgmatt's Blog/ - A MORE detailed and technical approach to every update changes on Dota 2
JOINDOTA - Dota 2 News, Live Match Streams, Replay Videos, Tournaments, and more!
PLAYDOTA - The official DOTA Site with hero guides, art, and massive community
GOSUGAMERS - All Your DOTA 2 news fresh and the latest.
DotA: How to be Smart and Skilled - The BEST DOTA guide ive ever read. I highly recommend to read this even to advanced players ^_^
DotaCInema's Channel - Youtube Channel for Hero Introductions, Game Streams, and Guides.
Dota 2 Developer's Site - Forum site where you can send your bug reports to the developers directly.